You are viewing this article in the archives. For the latest breaking news and updates in Ann Arbor and the surrounding area, see
Posted on Sun, Apr 21, 2013 : 9:31 a.m.

Laundry room fire causes smoke and water damage

By Cole Bertsos

The Ann Arbor Fire Department responded to a call Saturday on the 1600 block of Brookfield Drive in Ann Arbor after an occupant reported black smoke coming from inside an apartment.

Fire crews arrived at the multi-family apartment building around 7:32 p.m. and quickly extinguished a fire that began in the laundry area of a second-floor apartment.

All occupants of the building were outside when AAFD arrived on scene and there were no injuries reported. Huron Valley Ambulance and Red Cross also assisted.

There was smoke and water damage done to the apartment the fire originated, as well as water damage to the apartment below it. The cost of damages is unknown at this time.

The fire is being investigated by fire inspectors.

View Larger Map



Sun, Apr 21, 2013 : 8:58 p.m.

Cold wash and low-heat dry may have been a better decision in this case!