League to host Ann Arbor City Council candidate forums this Wednesday
Candidates competing in the two contested City Council races on the Aug. 6 primary ballot in Ann Arbor will take the stage this Wednesday to discuss city issues.
AnnArbor.com will be covering both forums.
Julie Grand, chairwoman of the city's Park Advisory Commission, is trying to unseat incumbent Stephen Kunselman, D-3rd Ward, who is seeking a fourth two-year term on council.
Jack Eaton, a labor attorney and longtime neighborhood activist, is trying to unseat incumbent Marcia Higgins, D-4th Ward, who has been in office since 1999.
The forums also will be rebroadcast on Channel 19 leading up to the primary.
The winners of the primary potentially face Independent challengers from the so-called Ann Arbor Mixed Use Party in the November general election.
- 2 potential challengers emerge in races for Ann Arbor City Council
- University of Michigan student group eyes seats on Ann Arbor City Council
- Jack Eaton pulls petitions to run against Marcia Higgins for Ann Arbor City Council
- 2 contested Ann Arbor City Council races on Aug. 6 primary ballot
- Ann Arbor City Council candidates differ on downtown development issues
- Ann Arbor City Council candidates discuss transit issues and possibility of new AATA tax
Ryan J. Stanton covers government and politics for AnnArbor.com. Reach him at email@example.com or 734-623-2529. You also can follow him on Twitter or subscribe to AnnArbor.com's email newsletters.