Election lookahead: League of Women Voters to hold series of local candidate forums in October
Voters in Washtenaw County will decide in five weeks on a number of contested races, including who will be their next sheriff, judge and prosecutor.
The League of Women Voters in Ann Arbor plans to give voters a chance to hear from each of the candidates before the Nov. 6 election.
The following forums will be taped inside the CTN studios Oct. 8-11. They will air live and will be rebroadcast leading up to the election.
Monday, Oct. 8
- 7-7:30 p.m. — County Water Resources Commissioner
- 8-8:30 p.m. — County Treasurer
- 9-9:30 p.m. — County Clerk/Register of Deeds
- 7-7:30 p.m. — Washtenaw Community College Trustees Board
- 8-8:30 p.m. — Ann Arbor Public School Board
- 9-9:45 p.m. — Ann Arbor District Library Board
- 7-7:30 p.m. — Ann Arbor Mayoral Race & 5th Ward
- 8-8:30 p.m. — County Sheriff
- 9-9:45 p.m. — Board of County Commissioners - Districts 7, 8 & 9
- 7-7:45 p.m. — State Representatives - 53rd & 55th districts
- 8-8:30 p.m. — 22nd Circuit Court (non-incumbent race & incumbent race)
- 9-9:30 p.m. — County Prosecuting Attorney
Members of the public can submit their questions to candidates at www.lwvannarbor.org. The deadline for questions is 5 p.m. Sept. 20.
For a list of candidates, visit the county's elections website.