Man burned while using gasoline to start fire outside Ann Arbor house
John Counts | AnnArbor.com
This story has been updated with information from HVA.
A man was burned Thursday evening after trying to start a fire with gasoline outside an Ann Arbor home, according to authorities.
The Ann Arbor Fire Department was dispatched after 6 p.m. to a reported fire near the intersection of Packard and South Division streets, near Blimpy Burger.
The fire was out when crews arrived, but a man had burns to his face, arms and chest, according to a news release from Ann Arbor fire Battalion Chief Robert Vogel.
Paramedics from Huron Valley Ambulance arrived and treated the man. Joyce Williams of HVA said the man was treated at the scene and not transported to the hospital.
"It appears that the injured male attempted to start a fire outside with gasoline and when he light the fire there was an explosion," the release read. "Others were able to extinguish (it) before the home caught fire."
The fire units were on scene less than a half hour, according to Vogel. Further information was not immediately available.