Posted on Wed, May 26, 2010 : 2:20 p.m.

Man shot inside Ypsilanti Township home during attempted robbery

By Lee Higgins

A 21-year-old man was hospitalized this morning after being shot in the back during an attempted robbery inside his Ypsilanti Township home, a Washtenaw County Sheriff’s Department incident summary said.

The man's injuries were not considered life-threatening, said sheriff’s department spokesman Derrick Jackson.

Four men with handguns entered the home in the 2800 block of Roundtree Boulevard about 12:30 a.m., looking for money, the summary said. They got into a fight with the homeowner, and the shooting occurred, Jackson said. The homeowner was not armed, Jackson said.

So far, deputies do not have any suspects.

Anyone with information can call the department’s tip line at (734) 973-7711.

Comments

Ricebrnr

Thu, May 27, 2010 : 9:22 a.m.

@bunnyabbot, Thanks I have not been told that. I have always ASSumed that since this rose from the ashes of the paper that this site aspired to be the electronic form of that paper. If that is not what they aspire to or puport to be, then I will refrain from criticizing them over it in the future. @KJMClark Thank you also for your perspective but I don't see reprinting bulletins from the Police dept as any sort of reporting. I usually find such things in a "Police Blotter" section of other papers. I don't question those. These items on this board usually has an AA staff member as the byline though. As such I had expected more. Given your example the bulletin board at the Post Office is "reporting" the FBI Most Wanteds. I think not. In either case as stated to bunnyabbot, it's a moot point I will no longer belabor.

KJMClark

Thu, May 27, 2010 : 5:58 a.m.

Ricebrnr, "reporting" what was in police crime summaries is a form of "reporting". A more detailed story with information not in the police summary would probably be known as "followup reporting". A long article talking about many such break-ins and giving a lot of detail would be known as "in-depth reporting". I think most people would consider NYTimes, WaPo, and WSJ articles as "reporting", but I haven't read many of their articles that didn't leave lots of questions unanswered.

bunnyabbot

Wed, May 26, 2010 : 11:09 p.m.

ricebrnr, its both, as they have said so directly in response to a post I left just like yours, 50% blog, 40% faux/pseudo, 10% news, you have to weed through it yourself

Ricebrnr

Wed, May 26, 2010 : 3:51 p.m.

@RONALDDUCK, Your suspicion is correct because they have told me so directly. The problem is that excuse is the line between blogging and reporting. Is AnnArbor.com a news agency with reporters or a blog?

Bones

Wed, May 26, 2010 : 3:16 p.m.

Maybe all of us law abiding citizens should start becoming armed. Criminals prey on the weak. If you are not armed, and they are. You are perceived as weak.

ronaldduck

Wed, May 26, 2010 : 2:38 p.m.

Everybody who is so critical of the reporting on this site should keep in mind that they can only report what they are told. I suspect that this is all the information they recieved from WCSO. By the way I have no relation whatsoever to this site or any of the reporters.

Ricebrnr

Wed, May 26, 2010 : 1:52 p.m.

Sure would be nice to know how these guys gained entry. Where they known to the victim and invited in? Was is a push in robbery as the victim returned home or answered the door? Did the perps kick in the door? Stellar reporting as usual.