Pittsfield Township, Road Commission to discuss 2012 road projects
Eleven potential road projects are among the topics that will be discussed at the annual meeting between Pittsfield Township officials and the Washtenaw County Road Commission Tuesday.
Among the biggest projects are resurfacing Crane Road between Michigan Avenue and Textile Road at a cost of $140,000 and resurfacing Warner Road from US-12 to Bemis Road at a cost of $80,000 and
The meeting, which will take place at Township Hall, begins at 1 p.m. It's a chance for residents to weigh in on what projects they'd like to see funded.
If you can't attend the meeting, take a minute to call your township supervisor or officials and let her know what preferences you have.
Among the potential identified projects are the following:
- Tamarack Drive between Fosdick Road and Warner Road — milling and replacement of the surface and limestone shoulders. The estimated cost is $73,500.
- Morgan Road, State Road to the end of the pavement — milling and replacement of the surface and limestone shoulders. The estimated cost is $45,000.
- Crane Road between Michigan Avenue and Textile Road — milling and replacement of the surface and limestone shoulders. The estimated cost is $140,000.
- Hunt Club Drive, Cloverlane Drive to US-12 — milling and replacement of the surface at an estimated cost of $47,500.
- Highlander Subdivision — milling and replacement of the surface on Highlander Way, Northridge Court and Vail Court with an estimated cost of $95,000.
- Seminole Road from Packard Road to Central Boulevard — milling and replacement of the surface at an estimated cost of $42,000.
- Glencoe Hills Drive between Washtenaw Avenue to Clark Road — milling and replacement of the surface as an estimated cost of $95,000.
- Iris Lane east of Fosdick Road — preparation of the existing surface and paving at an estimated cost of $8,300.
- Oak Park Subdivision — shaping the existing surface, ditching and an application of about 3,200 tons limestone with dust control and project restoration. Roads included in the proposed project include Crystal Drive, Oakdale Drive, Seminole Road, Hawks Avenue, Carlton Drive, and Fresno Lane at an estimate cost of $65,000.
- Warner Road from US-12 to Bemis Road — shaping the existing surface, ditching, berm removal and application of about 4,700 tons of limestone with dust control and projection restoration at a cost of about $80,000.
In addition, the township has 14.36 miles of certified gravel roads that will cost about $5,256 for one application of dust control. Last year, the township paid for three applications of dust control on these roads.
Following the meeting, and the township will need to decide how much it plans to spend this season for road work and sign a contract with the Road Commission.
Last year, the township had about $68,900 in matching funds from the Road Commission’s local road matching program and used all of it. In 2012, there is a matching fund allocation of $230 more dollars.
The township also has $4,669 in drainage matching funds for 2012, as well as a carryover of that amount from 2011 which can be used.
Lisa Allmendinger is a regional reporter for AnnArbor.com, who also covers the Washtenaw County Road Commission. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.