Police response to U-M vs. MSU game: By the numbers
Anecdotally, police officers from Ann Arbor and the University of Michigan say last weekend's showdown between Michigan and Michigan State was one of the busiest they've ever seen.
Lon Horwedel | AnnArbor.com
So we asked police to give us a few numbers from the weekend. Here's what we found out:
- 113,065: Total announced attendance at the game.
- 250: Calls for service for Ann Arbor police on Saturday.
- 96: Vehicles towed Saturday from public and private property.
- 64: People kicked out of the game for various reasons.
- 125: Incidents of open intoxicants (drinking in public) from Friday night to Saturday night.
- 38: Incidents of minors in possession (underage drinking) from Friday night to Saturday night.
Did last Saturday seem crazier than the usual football Saturday in Ann Arbor? What did you see or hear about?