Posted on Tue, Apr 23, 2013 : 9:03 a.m.

Rain, cold, maybe snow will follow warm Tuesday in Ann Arbor

By Cindy Heflin

Mother Nature is blessing the Ann Arbor area with a warm and sunny day Tuesday. Better enjoy it. More rain, cold and maybe even a bit of snow will follow closely on its heels.

050911_NEWS_Weather_MRM_02.jpg

You might get a chance to soak up some sun Tuesday in Ann Arbor before rain and cold move back in

Melanie Maxwell | AnnArbor.com

That’s right. Snow. Don’t be alarmed. The National Weather Service assures us that even though the calendar says April, snow this late in the season is not out of the norm.

“We’re all tired of it,” said Deb Elliott, a meteorologist with the National Weather Service in White Lake Township, “but it isn’t unusual.” Snow flurries can even fall in May, she said.

Before we get to the rain and cold and snow, though, we can enjoy a Tuesday high of about 72 degrees. It will be windy, however, with gusts as high as 22 mph. Rain will move in Tuesday night with occasional showers and possibly a thunderstorm. New rainfall of a half to three-quarters of an inch is expected. The low will be around 35.

Wednesday, we could get a thunderstorm before 9 a.m. The chance for showers will linger until about noon. The high will be near 46, and windy conditions will continue, with gusts up to 26 mph. Wednesday night, the low will dip to 32 degrees with winds continuing to gust up to 22 mph.

More rain is likley Thursday, and it may mix with some snow showers before 2 p.m. A high near 45 is expected. Breezy conditions will continue, with gusts as high as 31 mph. New snow accumulation will amount to less than half an inch, forecasters said.

Sunny skies are expected to return Friday with a high of 56 degrees.

For updated forecasts and conditions anytime, check AnnArbor.com's weather page.

Comments

justcurious

Tue, Apr 23, 2013 : 8:55 p.m.

and closer........ http://radblast-aws.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/radar/WUNIDS_map?station=DTX&brand=wui&num=6&delay=15&type=N0R&frame=0&scale=1.000&noclutter=0&t=1366750398&lat=42.35525894&lon=-83.89656067&label=Dexter%2C+MI&showstorms=0&map.x=400&map.y=240&centerx=400&centery=240&transx=0&transy=0&showlabels=1&severe=0&rainsnow=0&lightning=0&smooth=0

Lizzy Alfs

Tue, Apr 23, 2013 : 6:13 p.m.

No!!! I just planted flowers, lettuce and green onions yesterday. Will they survive? It's my first garden.

mady

Wed, Apr 24, 2013 : 1:21 p.m.

Also a wide variety of birds, too numerous to list here.....

Hugh Giariola

Wed, Apr 24, 2013 : 12:47 p.m.

Onions, no problem there. If the lettuce has leafs poking out of the ground, cover them with a tarp or piece of plastic to avoid any frost.

mady

Tue, Apr 23, 2013 : 7:24 p.m.

Lizzy, I sure hope so, fresh veggies are the best! Me, I won't be planting anything where I live as we have a thriving population of squirrels, rabbits, woodchucks, skunks, raccoons, deer, geese, ducks, etc. and as my apt. complex won't let me erect a hoop house(go figure), anything I plant will doubtless get chowed by the various wildlife. when I plant veggies it's with the idea that said veggies are for ME. no hoop house, no garden. period!

roadsidedinerlover

Tue, Apr 23, 2013 : 5:50 p.m.

it is NOT WARM today...lol

David Cahill

Tue, Apr 23, 2013 : 5:13 p.m.

Funny - the Weather Channel doesn't mention any snow in the next few days.

Arieswoman

Tue, Apr 23, 2013 : 4:47 p.m.

Well, I remember my mother telling me that it snowed once on Memorial Day which was her birthday! Come on spring! We are tired of the snow (at least I am!)

mady

Wed, Apr 24, 2013 : 1:19 p.m.

@dexterreader, you are absolutely right. I love snow but enough is enough for cryin' out loud!!

dexterreader

Wed, Apr 24, 2013 : 12:21 p.m.

I think even the "snow-lovers" are tired of it!! There's a time and a place for snow .... and late April "ain't" it!!!

mady

Tue, Apr 23, 2013 : 7:19 p.m.

Believe me you've got company!!!

justcurious

Tue, Apr 23, 2013 : 3:59 p.m.

Here it comes...again... :( http://icons.wunderground.com/data/640x480/2xradara4_anim.gif

djacks24

Tue, Apr 23, 2013 : 3:53 p.m.

I actually have to remind myself from time to time it's late April. Global Warming!

jayjay

Wed, Apr 24, 2013 : 12:59 p.m.

If people understood what global warming is all about, they wouldn't make comments like this. It is the dramatic swings in weather and the changes that are directly related to global warming. Go back 20-30 years and see what they were predicting to happen as the earth warmed -- it is precisely what is happening. Can't say you weren't warned!

sellers

Tue, Apr 23, 2013 : 5:53 p.m.

Yes, global warming causes excessive temperature swings.

WalkingJoe

Tue, Apr 23, 2013 : 3:28 p.m.

My comment that was removed was a joke.

leezee

Tue, Apr 23, 2013 : 7:38 p.m.

Jokes are meant for those with a sense of humor. What were you thinking?! ; )

mady

Tue, Apr 23, 2013 : 2:46 p.m.

Oh, Good Lord.....!!!!!!

mabb

Tue, Apr 23, 2013 : 1:35 p.m.

UGH!!!!!