Residents displaced after Ann Arbor fire
About six residents of an Ann Arbor apartment house were displaced after a fire broke out in an upstairs unit Friday afternoon, officials said.
Crews were called to a home in the 600 block of Packard Street at 3:17 p.m. for the blaze, said Acting Battalion Chief Derek Wiseley of the Ann Arbor Fire Department.
The older home was broken up into about six units, Wiseley said.
When firefighters arrived, there was smoke coming from the upstairs unit. There were no visible flames, according to Wiseley.
Crews had the fire knocked down in about 15 minutes.
"It appears accidental, but it remains under investigation," Wiseley said.
The upstairs unit was gutted. The remaining units sustained smoke and water damage. Officials could not yet put an estimated dollar amount on how much damage the fire did.