Saline District Library has books and much more
It's a new year - have you visited Saline District Library yet? How about making a resolution to visit the library on a regular basis and discover what we have? There is so much to discover in addition to books! Let me list 5 items that may be of interest.
1. Specialized database websites such as Ancestry.com. Many people use this to create their family trees and research census documents. It’s not difficult, but your library card will give you access to this popular site. Consumer Reports is available online and is a very well-used site for the latest ratings on appliances, ebook readers and more! Our staff will be happy to assist you in navigating around these databases.
2. Is there not enough time in your day to sit and read? Do you know that you can listen to your favorite authors in 3 different formats? The library has books on audio tapes, CDs and Playaways, a small device that is attached to a cord. With these listening formats, you can do other work at the same time! We’ll be happy to show you these collections - just ask!
3. Movies! They’re FREE! It’s as easy as browsing the collection and checking them out for 5 days! All you need is a library card. This popular collection has over 5,000 titles to choose from.
4. Are you curious about Saline’s past? Would you like to see old photos of life in the last century? Check out the digital photos collections on the library’s website. http://www.salinelibrary.org is the place to discover what is available at your library. Spend some time on our site and you will be amazed at what we have to offer!
5. The last one - We have a meeting room that is available for the public to use. Did you know that? Ask at the front desk for more information.
We look forward to seeing you at the library!
The Library is located at 555 N. Maple Rd., Saline. (734) 429-5450. Also check us out online.
Written by Leslee Niethammer, director, Saline District Library