Thanksgiving dinners offered to those in need throughout Washtenaw County
Related story: PHOTO GALLERY: Pre-Thanksgiving dinner held Thursday evening in Ypsilanti
Several churches, community organizations and businesses are serving up Thanksgiving meals this week for area residents in need — whether it's families at the hospital or those with nowhere else to go.
Here's a roundup of the events planned this week. Know of another meal that's not listed below? Add the event details in the comments.
Joseph Tobianski I AnnArbor.com
- The Salvation Army of Washtenaw County will co-host a community Thanksgiving dinner on Wednesday from 3 to 6 p.m. at the Ypsilanti Free Methodist Church, 1800 Packard Road. The event is free and open to Washtenaw County community members and friends in need of a place enjoy food, fellowship and the spirit of Thanksgiving. For more information, call the Ypsilanti Free Methodist Church at 734-482-2055.
- Children That Rise Foundation will help serve families brunch at Mott Childrens Hospital on Thanksgiving Day from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Holy Trinity Student Parish in Ypsilanti will hold a community Thanksgiving meal at 11 a.m. in the social hall of the church, 511 W. Forest Ave.. The church is having a traditional turkey dinner (turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, vegetables, rolls and beverage). Contact: 734-482-1400.
- Ann Arbor Vineyard Homeless Ministry will host a traditional meal from 11:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Vineyard Church, 2275 Platt Road in Ann Arbor. A shuttle will make pick-ups at Liberty Plaza Park starting at 11 a.m., with last shuttle back to the park leaving the church at 5 p.m. Contact: 734-477-9135.
- This is the Original Cottage Inn's 28th year providing free Thankgiving Day dinner to the less fortunate. Cottage Inn staff will be teaming up with local volunteers to serve an expected 300 guests from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. The menu is set to include favorites like oven roasted turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, veggies and some fall favorites for dessert. Contact: 734-663-3379.