with gallery: Therapy dogs at U-M's Shapiro Library help students relax during finals
- Michigan football golf outing caps $1 million fundraising weekend for Mott Children's Hospital
- Michigan softball advances to super regional with 3-1 win over California
- Pair of Lauren Sweet home runs lift Michigan softball past California
- Charles Woodson and company meet with fans during telethon at M Den
- /calendar/photologue/photos/Therapy Dogs Web/cache/12122012_NEWS_StudentsDestress_JT_01_fullsize.JPG
- /calendar/photologue/photos/Therapy Dogs Web/cache/12122012_NEWS_StudentsDestress_JT_02_fullsize.JPG
- /calendar/photologue/photos/Therapy Dogs Web/cache/12122012_NEWS_StudentsDestress_JT_03_fullsize.JPG
- /calendar/photologue/photos/Therapy Dogs Web/cache/12122012_NEWS_StudentsDestress_JT_04_fullsize.JPG
- /calendar/photologue/photos/Therapy Dogs Web/cache/12122012_NEWS_StudentsDestress_JT_05_fullsize.JPG
- /calendar/photologue/photos/Therapy Dogs Web/cache/12122012_NEWS_StudentsDestress_JT_06_fullsize.JPG
- /calendar/photologue/photos/Therapy Dogs Web/cache/12122012_NEWS_StudentsDestress_JT_07_fullsize.JPG
- /calendar/photologue/photos/Therapy Dogs Web/cache/12122012_NEWS_StudentsDestress_JT_08_fullsize.JPG
University of Michigan students took a break from their studies to relax and lined up at Shapiro Library Wednesday to pet Golden Retriever therapy dogs Bailey and Jazz.
Both of the dogs are from the same litter and have been therapy dogs for more than a year. Bailey works with patients at the University of Michigan Hospital and Jazz will be starting a program with the Ypsilanti District Library in January.
Therapy dogs will be around campus for the rest of this week and the beginning of next week. Shapiro Library will host therapy dogs on Thursday from 5 to 7 p.m. and Friday, Dec. 14 from 1 to 4 p.m. The Law Library reading room also will host therapy dogs on Thursday from 2 to 4 p.m. and Monday from 1 to 3 p.m.
U-M final exams and days earmarked for studying take place from Dec. 12-20.