Posted on Fri, Aug 27, 2010 : 6:26 p.m.

Three highway crashes affecting traffic in Ann Arbor, Ypsilanti areas

By Cindy Heflin

Three crashes are affecting freeway traffic in the Ann Arbor and Ypsilanti areas this evening.

A dispatcher with the Washtenaw County Sheriff's Department said one crash is on eastbound I-94 at State Street in Ann Arbor. That crash involves two vehicles.

Emergency personnel are also dealing with crashes at westbound M-14 at Ford Road in Superior Township and westbound I-94 at Huron Street in Ypsilanti.

None of the crashes was believed to be blocking lanes of the freeway. No other information was immediately available.

Comments

HardWorker

Sat, Aug 28, 2010 : 11:33 a.m.

Errata: "before drivers expect it", meant to say "suddenly, not giving enough room or time to take the exit smoothly"

HardWorker

Sat, Aug 28, 2010 : 11:22 a.m.

I agree with Ann English. Likewise the signal to go westbound I-94 from southbound State Rd shows up before drivers expect it. Also the exit from M-52 to take eastbound I-94 is an example of a poor design of round-abouts. At night it is so easy to go wrong way. Of course there are Wrong Way signals once you're in the ramp, but that's is too late. At that point all you can do is reverse and pray that no driver is entering M-52 from I-94. Very bad design. Off-topic, Annarbor28 is right. A smiling photo at the title looks rather sadistic. One day I thought the criminal in the article was the person smiling in the picture.

michiganpoorboy

Sat, Aug 28, 2010 : 1:24 a.m.

It must be the moon.

michiganpoorboy

Sat, Aug 28, 2010 : 1:24 a.m.

It must be the moon.

Chuck

Fri, Aug 27, 2010 : 9:32 p.m.

I agree about the pictures..It's dang MORBID, and insensitive appearing!!

Ann English

Fri, Aug 27, 2010 : 8:17 p.m.

So there has been another crash on eastbound I-94 at State Street? Someone told me last year that collisions occur there because the State Street exit shows up when drivers who intend to use it least expect it, or don't see a clearly marked exit lane; it begins before most motorists notice it. Regarding the crash at westbound M-14 and Ford Rd, perhaps left turn signals weren't used for that left turn to the south; four years ago, I drove that way twice a week, at 11pm, and always made the turn safely.