Two suffer smoke inhalation in fire at Ann Arbor duplex
Two men were taken by ambulance to University of Michigan Hospital with smoke inhalation after a fire broke out this morning on the second-floor of a duplex at 253 Brookridge Court, Ann Arbor fire officials said.
A grease fire broke out at 2:05 a.m. in the kitchen, where one of the men was cooking french fries, and it got out of control, officials said.
Both men made in downstairs and out of the building, Battalion Chief Randy Menard said. The fire caused $120,000 damage, he said, and the second-floor unit will have to be remodeled. No one lives in the first-floor unit.