Road Commission plans summer paving on six Washtenaw County roads
As Washtenaw County Road Commission plans for 2012 road work come together, here are six projects throughout the county that motorists will encounter this summer.
The projects will make $1.333 million in improvements to 10.48 miles of county roads through an overlay program that utilizes funding from federal sources.
Melanie Maxwell | AnnArbor.com
Roads to see hot mix asphalt overlays are:
- Clark Road from Golfside to Hewitt roads
- Huron River Drive from Clark road to 2,110 feet north of Clark Road
- Dexter-Pinckney Road from 600 feet north of North Territorial Road to the county line
- Platt Road from Michigan Avenue to Ellsworth Road
- Austin Road from 1,580 feet east of Grass Road to Dell Road
- Dexter-Chelsea Road from Freer to Dancer roads
These projects are expected to be bid through the Michigan Department of Transportation in April, and construction is expected to take place from June through August with temporary lane closures.
Lisa Allmendinger is a regional reporter for AnnArbor.com. She can be reached at email@example.com.