You are viewing this article in the AnnArbor.com archives. For the latest breaking news and updates in Ann Arbor and the surrounding area, see MLive.com/ann-arbor
Posted on Mon, Feb 11, 2013 : 12:58 p.m.

Suspect arrested in 1 of 2 home invasions reported in Ypsilanti

By Kody Klein

Police caught a 33-year-old man Sunday outside a home he is accused of breaking into in Ypsilanti.

The break-in was one of two home invasions reported Sunday in Ypsilanti.

Ypsilanti police saw the man outside the home in the 100 block of South Hamilton Street about 11:30 a.m. Sunday, according to a media summary. A witness told police the man had entered the home after breaking a window.

The media summary did not indicate whether anything was stolen.

A second home invasion was reported about 3 p.m. Sunday in the 400 block of First Avenue..

The victim reported that his back door had been kicked in and an Apple iPad, a Panasonic laptop, a gold necklace, and a bracelet had been stolen. He said the incident occurred between 9:15 a.m. and 3 p.m. Sunday.

Ypsilanti Police were not available for comment.


View 2/11/13 Ypsilanti Home Invasions in a larger map

Kody Klein is an intern for AnnArbor.com. Reach him at kklein@mlive.com

Comments

realist

Thu, Feb 14, 2013 : 5:59 a.m.

Iz stay close by, heard the sireens from the po po, did somebody gets hurt I saws an ambalamps goin there too

PineyWoodsGuy

Tue, Feb 12, 2013 : 4:18 a.m.

This Might be on-point. Just have the news on the radio @ 11:15PM Monday night, there was an Earthquake in North Korea, centering on their Nuclear Research site. Did a couple of "Kim" brothers get into an in-house dispute?

brian

Tue, Feb 12, 2013 : 3:40 a.m.

Once again, good job YPD.