Grease fire causes $25,000 worth of damage to home
A kitchen fire this morning in Ypsilanti Township caused one injury and $25,000 in damage.
The fire broke out just before 8 a.m. at 2068 Moeller Avenue near Grove Road.
Captain Brad Johnson of the Ypsilanti Township Fire Department called it an accidental grease fire that was out by the time firefighters arrived.
However, there was still a lot of smoke as they entered the home. Cabinets were scorched, he said, and there was heavy smoke damage in the kitchen.
One person in the home, a 19-year-old, was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation by Huron Valley Ambulance, but was not taken to the hospital.