You are viewing this article in the archives. For the latest breaking news and updates in Ann Arbor and the surrounding area, see
Posted on Thu, Dec 6, 2012 : 5:57 a.m.

Woman accused in boyfriend's fatal stabbing to be arraigned Thursday

By Kyle Feldscher

The woman accused of stabbing her boyfriend to death Tuesday night will be arraigned Thursday afternoon.


Police investigated a homicide in the 400 block of South Huron Street in Ypsilanti Tuesday night.

Daniel Brenner I

The 46-year-old woman, whose name will be released by once she is arraigned on the charges, was arrested Tuesday night after allegedly stabbing Keith Walton in the abdomen. Walton, a 45-year-old Ypsilanti resident, died shortly after arriving at St. Joseph Mercy Hospital.

Detective Sgt. Thomas Eberts confirmed Wednesday afternoon the woman is scheduled to be arraigned Thursday.

“As of right now, she is in custody and we’re following up on some other information and trying to cross our ‘t’s and dot our ‘i’s,” Eberts said.

Walton and the woman were in a relationship and lived together. The woman is accused of stabbing Walton once with a large kitchen knife following an argument that turned physical.

Police, fire and medical personnel were dispatched at 6:50 p.m. Tuesday to the apartment in the 400 block of South Huron Street in Ypsilanti. When they arrived, Walton was unconscious but breathing, according to police.

The woman was lodged at the Washtenaw County Jail. There was no bond information available through jail records Wednesday afternoon.

An autopsy was performed on Walton’s body Wednesday morning, according to police.

Phone calls to the residence listed for Walton and the apartment where the stabbing took place were not answered Wednesday afternoon.

Kyle Feldscher covers cops and courts for He can be reached at or you can follow him on Twitter.



Thu, Dec 6, 2012 : 6:30 p.m.

Had better start a call to outlaw knives. They are killers...

music to my ear

Thu, Dec 6, 2012 : 12:41 p.m.

the truth will come out in the wash,so sorry this had to happen.she should have just walked out the door .maybe easier said than done we dont know all the facts.


Thu, Dec 6, 2012 : 3:44 p.m.

Definitely sometimes easier said than done.