health & fitness: Hungry and rushed? Here are 10 grab-and-go snack food ideas
When time is short and your hunger is large, check out my top 10 list of healthy snacks.
1. Peel a banana and dip it in yogurt. Roll in crushed cereal and freeze.
2. Spread celery sticks with peanut butter or low-fat cream cheese. Top with raisins. Enjoy your “ants on a log.”
4. Smear a scoop of frozen yogurt on two graham crackers and add sliced banana to make a yummy sandwich.
5. Make snack kabobs. Put cubes of low-fat cheese and grapes on pretzel sticks.
6. Spread peanut butter on apple slices.
7. Mix together peanut butter and cornflakes in a bowl. Shape into balls and roll in crushed graham crackers.
8. Banana split: Top a banana with low-fat vanilla and strawberry frozen yogurt. Sprinkle with your favorite whole-grain cereal.
9. Mini pizza: Toast an English muffin, drizzle with pizza sauce and sprinkle with low-fat mozzarella cheese.
10. Inside-out sandwich: Spread mustard on a slice of deli turkey. Wrap around a sesame breadstick.