today's college sports links: Michigan didn't appear to make progress in open week; Big Ten race a foursome after Iowa foils MSU and more
Melanie Maxwell I AnnArbor.com
Writes Rittenberg, "Coaches are evaluated on wins and losses, but they're also evaluated on progress. And Michigan didn't make any progress on defense or special teams in its open week."
He ends with, "Rodriguez can't afford another slide and it doesn't get any easier this week against red-hot Illinois."
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL
- AnnArbor.com: U-M receives good effort from Denard Robinson, but it's not enough
- AnnArbor.com: Full coverage of Michigan's 41-31 loss to Penn State; & Big Ten roundup
- Big Ten Network: Video highlights from Penn State's 41-31 win over Michigan
- Detroit Free Press: Under the lights, Michigan can't stop a thing, writes Mark Snyder
- Detroit Free Press: Injuries continue to plague Wolverines
- Detroit News: Wolverines guard against 'moping'
- The Wolverine.com: Rich Rodriguez says defense needs to grow up quickly
- Grand Rapids Press: Spartans slipped and fell, but they should be kicked to curb
- Grands Rapids Press: MSU's Kirk Cousins says interceptions 'completely on me'
- Detroit Free Press: Michigan State's season is not lost, writes Michael Rosenberg
- Rivals.com: Big Ten race a foursome after Iowa foils Michigan State
- Chicago Tribune: Week of decisions gone bad for Notre Dame's Brian Kelly