college sports links: David Brandon, respect for Iowa, tonight's hoops matchups and more
From Domino's Pizza to the Michigan Board of Regents to the Business Leaders for Michigan, former co-workers and peers of David Brandon had nothing but great things to say Tuesday about the new Michigan athletic director.
You can find links to all our coverage at AnnArbor.com of Brandon's hiring by clicking here.
Here's what else is going on in the college sports world today:
- The Hawkeyes win the Orange Bowl, and prove themselves on a national stage, writes Sean Keeler of the Des Moines Register.
- A national title could be within Boise State's grasp next season, says Chadd Cripe of the Idaho Statesman.
- Texas-Alabama is a rematch 45 years in the making, writes George Vecsey in the New York Times.
- The Associated Press: NCAA upholds sanctions on Florida State.
- College football Q&A with Pete Thamel of the New York Times.
- Ten questions with Michigan's Zack Gibson at mgoblue.com.
- Here's a glance at tonight's top matchups, courtesy of Bill Trocchi at SI.com.
- George Dohrmann at SI.com doesn't think USC's self-imposed sanctions are nearly enough for the O.J. Mayo debacle.
- ESPN.com's Dana O'Neil goes on the road with the No. 1 Kansas Jayhawks. Here's what she found.