today's college sports links: Denard Robinson ranked 2011's most explosive player by Rivals.com; Vacation from coaching might be good for Rich Rodriguez and more
Olin Buchanan of Rivals.com, released his rankings of the 10 most explosive players in college football heading into the 2011 season.
Ranked No. 1? The Michigan football team's dual-threat quarterback Denard Robinson.
Writes Buchanan, "Robinson is like a time bomb. Sooner or later, he's going to explode. Each time Robinson tucks the football, opposing fans hold their breath because he always seems one step away from making a big play."
The only other Big Ten player in Buchanan's top-10 is one similar to Robinson, Nebraska quarterback Taylor Martinez (No. 7), who will make his Big Ten debut with the Cornhuskers in 2011.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL
- AnnArbor.com: Michigan recruit Keith Heitzman brings flexibility, durability to U-M
- Detroit Free Press: Michigan gets recruiting growth spurt
- Detroit Free Press: Michigan recruiting targets set decision dates
- Detroit News: Vacation from coaching might be a 'good thing' for Rich Rodriguez
- ESPN.com: Adam Rittenberg looks at the outlook for Big Ten RBs in 2011 (video)
- ESPN.com: MarQueis Gray thrilled to return to QB spot for Minnesota
- SI.com: C.J. Johnson latest elite recruit to meet trouble on Facebook
- Des Moines Register: Why are 13 Iowa players hospitalized? No firm answers
- New York Times: UConn says talks continue with unhappy donor
- Dallas Morning News: Aggies' AD says Texas' cable network could conflict with NCAA recruiting rules
MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL