With Poll: Rivalries, league titles and playoff berths on the line in Week 8 AnnArbor.com Game of the Week poll
Joseph Tobianski | AnnArbor.com
We’ve reached the penultimate week of the regular season, and the stakes are high.
The Week 8 AnnArbor.com “Game of the Week” poll features rivalry games, games with conference title implications, and teams searching to lock up a playoff spot.
Here are this week’s games:
- Carleton Airport will travel to Milan, as the Big Reds look to continue their strong start to the season.
- Dexter will make the seven-mile trip down to Chelsea, to face a Bulldogs team that may still be in the hunt for a league title and definitely a playoff berth.
- Michigan Center will visit Manchester, in a game that could decide this year’s Cascades Conference champion.
- Pioneer and Huron will face off in the Ann Arbor crosstown rivalry. Pioneer will be looking to extend its nine-game winning streak in the series, and depending on the outcome of their Week 7 game, will look to become either become playoff-eligible or an automatic playoff qualifier while wrapping up either a shared or outright SEC Red championship.
- Saline will visit Skyline, as the Hornets and Eagles close out SEC Red play.
Fans can vote once per hour until the poll closes at 6 p.m. Tuesday.
Game of the Week coverage:
AnnArbor.com will give the Game of the Week winner its Super Bowl treatment, which will include two reporters covering the game, a live chat that you can follow from your iPhone or Android device, and a photo gallery as well.