today's college sports links: Rich Rodriguez brings crowd to its feet at Michigan football banquet; BCS says MSU remains under consideration and more
Lon Horwedel | AnnArbor.com
In large part, writes the Detroit News' Angelique S. Chengelis, "Rodriguez reiterated what he said after the Wolverines' 37-7 loss to Ohio State last Saturday, that the 'worst is behind' the Wolverines."
Chengelis adds, "Rodriguez said what he has said for weeks, that he believes in the direction of the program," before quoting the current Michigan coach: "Our time is coming, and it's coming in a big way," Rodriguez said. "We'll let people jump on the bandwagon."
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL
- AnnArbor.com: Emotional Rich Rodriguez makes his case to remain Michigan's coach
- AnnArbor.com: Photo slideshow from Michigan's annual banquet
- AnnArbor.com: Dave Brandon says there's a good chance of more Big Ten expansion
- AnnArbor.com: Michigan's bowl fortunes may swing towards Sunshine State
- Detroit Free Press: Dave Brandon indicates Wolverines could play on New Year's Day
- Detroit Free Press: 'I truly want to be a Michigan man,' says Rich Rodriguez
- Detroit News: Cass Tech junior LB likes Michigan, but will weigh options
- Detroit Free Press: BCS says Michigan State remains under consideration
- Detroit Free Press: Michigan State's list of visitors grows by two
- FanHouse.com: Pickin' on the Big Ten, the year-end awards edition
- Star Tribune: Mike Leach makes case that he's perfect for Gophers
- ESPN.com: Ohio State president Gee: 'I need to keep my mouth closed'
- Atlanta Journal-Constitution: Stop whining, NCAA got it right on Cam Newton
MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL
- AnnArbor.com: ACC-Big Ten Challenge causes a little shakeup in power rankings
- Grand Rapids Press: Spartans left wondering what-if after stars struggle vs. Duke
- Grand Rapids Press: MSU walks away from Duke loss frustrated, not broken