Stumbling Red Wings desperate for offense
Gerald Ford was president the last time the Detroit Red Wings had this anemic of an offense 10 games into a season.
The Red Wings are winless in their last five games (0-4-1) entering a home game tonight against the Calgary Flames. They have 23 goals in 10 games, the same low-level of offense the 1975-76 Red Wings opened with.
"It will turn around. You just have to believe," Henrik Zetterberg said. "We have to just be a little more assertive when we get the chance to score goals. The worst thing you can start to do is doubt yourself."
- MLive.com: Lions lead NFL in turnover margin
- Detroit Free Press: Ndamuking Suh talks about his meeting with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell.
- Forbes: A ranking of the NFL owners puts William Clay Ford on the bottom
- MLive.com: Expect Dave Dombrowski to be patient in free-agent market
- MLive.com: Alex Avila earns Silver Slugger Award
- MLB.com: Would you pay $20 for a cork from the Tigers ALDS celebration?
- Yahoo Sports: Ranking the free agents