You are viewing this article in the archives. For the latest breaking news and updates in Ann Arbor and the surrounding area, see
Posted on Sun, Jan 6, 2013 : 5:30 a.m.

Images of Denard Robinson's Michigan football career from beginning to end

By Melanie Maxwell

Denard Robinson dazzled Michigan football fans from the very beginning, fumbling the first snap of his career before gathering the ball and himself and sprinting his way to the end zone for a touchdown. Little did fans know it was merely the beginning of what would be one of the most prolific individual careers in Michigan history. has been there every step of the way and Robinson has provided plenty spectacular images throughout, and always did so with a smile on his face.

Check out our best Robinson photos from his career and let us know which is your favorite in the comments below.

Melanie Maxwell is a staff photographer for She can be reached at or you can follow her on Twitter.

Tue, Jan 8, 2013 : 6:16 a.m.

The greatest player in Michigan football history - they should retire his number!

Mon, Jan 7, 2013 : 12:28 a.m.

Nice pics, but you should've included some from when he was at Crisler cheering on his fellow student-athletes in basketball. Those would've showed even more of his genuine spirit!

Sun, Jan 6, 2013 : 10:49 p.m.

Lots of great photos, the good, some bad moments as well as some ugly. I always appreciated Denard. His Senior season really did not turn out too well. Certainly bitter-sweet. He gave his all to Michigan. I will miss numbver 16 and wish he had four more years. Good luck-Denard, thank you and Go Blue!!

Sun, Jan 6, 2013 : 8:29 p.m.

Maybe we can get a quarterback that can throw now. Great runner, just a lousy quarterback.

Wed, Jan 9, 2013 : 7:59 a.m.

joe... that's exactly my point. Try to read next time.

average joe

Mon, Jan 7, 2013 : 1:04 p.m.

drewk- You & I will just have to let the rest finish their praising of the "greatest all-around QB". I never really saw it myself. Looked like a lot of broken plays to me. Theway- "And he did it all surrounded by less talent than any QB to play at Michigan since the 60s." You crack me up. There has been a awesome amount of talent on offense over the last 50 years.

Mon, Jan 7, 2013 : 1:40 a.m.

#4 in career passing yards. #7 highest passing yards in a season (2010). #9 and #10 highest passing yardage totals for a single game. #6 in career completions. #4 in career passing TDs. Those are Denards rankings in the Michigan record books. Oh, and guess who has the highest career QB rating at Michigan since Todd Collins? That's right, Denard. Higher than Brady, Henson, Dreisbach, Navarre, and Henne. And he did it all surrounded by less talent than any QB to play at Michigan since the 60s. Not bad for "just a lousy quarterback."

Terry Star21

Sun, Jan 6, 2013 : 6:28 p.m.

Great series of photos Melanie. What a great tribute to one of the most exciting players in the nation. Thank you Denard.

Sun, Jan 6, 2013 : 12:43 p.m.

A Michigan Man on and off the field, pure class. While my favorite gallery picture was from the 28-24 last-minute Notre Dame victory, my favorite memory is of Shoelace in the crowd at other student athlete games having a great time cheering on the teams. We're going to miss you, Denard!

Sun, Jan 6, 2013 : 10:45 p.m.

What problems, Joe? He was ticketed for driving with a suspended license. That is hardly a felony.

Terry Star21

Sun, Jan 6, 2013 : 6:30 p.m.

Great writing Hannah, he was so special and it seemed like we blinked and he was gone ! average joe.....what a depressed, classless person you continue to be.

average joe

Sun, Jan 6, 2013 : 1:28 p.m.

" the field, pure class" meaning the recent problem(s) involving the police near Lansing after a game in A2 at 2am? Many un-answered questions & avoided coverage about this by

Sun, Jan 6, 2013 : 12:38 p.m.

I watched him beat nd in south bend, denard is my favorite player although I have only been watching for ten years.