Lloyd Carr, Carol Hutchins among latest Michigan Sports Hall of Fame class
Former Michigan football coach Lloyd Carr and current softball coach Carol Hutchins will be part of the 55th class to be inducted into the Michigan Sports Hall of Fame, the organization announced today.
The latest class will be enshrined on Thursday, Sept. 15, 2011 at the Suburban Collection Showplace in Novi.
Other members of the class include:
• Carl Banks, a Michigan State All-American and NFL All-Pro linebacker from Flint Beecher.
• Jerome Bettis, an NFL All-Pro running back who attended Detroit Mackenzie and Notre Dame.
• Dick LeBeau, a former Detroit Lions All-Pro defensive back and NFL Hall of Famer.
• Greg Meyer, a top U.S. distance runner and the last American to win the Boston Marathon.
• John Spring, a fast-pitch softball legend and ASA Hall of Famer from Detroit.
• Ron Thompson, a former Detroit DePorres football coach and youth sports mentor.
Tickets and more information about the induction event will be available beginning July 1 by calling 248-473-0656 or by visiting the Michigan Sports Hall of Fame’s website.