Michigan Stadium now available for weddings and other special events
There hasn’t been a tie game at Michigan Stadium since 1992, but the Michigan athletic department is hoping couples will be tying the knot in the future.
The university announced Thursday that the stadium -- along with a number of other athletic department facilities -- are now available to rent for weddings, business meetings and other special events.
AnnArbor.com file photos
To do a wedding right, a bride and groom will probably want to select:
- Access to the Michigan Stadium field for a one-hour wedding ceremony. Cost: $6,000.
- Use of the Jack Roth Stadium Club for the reception. It’s the biggest room in the east tower of the stadium. (Smaller rooms at the stadium and other facilities are available, too.) Cost: $9,000.
- You’ll need a dance floor, of course. Cost: $800.
- Lighting the field during your night-time reception would be a nice touch. Cost: $75/hour.
- Add Brady Hoke as best man and Denard Robinson as ring bearer. Cost: Negotiable?
The university also unveiled new facility tour packages and a photo setting package that includes one hour of stadium access and “a prop box of Michigan items” for $500.
Michigan athletic director Dave Brandon first discussed using the stadium to host special events last December.
He told The Associated Press that families, individuals and corporations seeking a unique location for celebrations or meetings would have an interest in using the 109,901-capacity stadium that's typically used only a handful of days each year.
Rich Rezler is a sports producer for AnnArbor.com. Contact him at 734-623-2553 or firstname.lastname@example.org.