FINAL: Michigan 23, Virginia Tech 20, OT: Michigan 23, Virginia Tech 20 (OT): Your comprehensive guide to our Sugar Bowl coverage
Melanie Maxwell | AnnArbor.com
On Tuesday, that seemed like a distant memory.
Sophomore kicker Brendan Gibbons booted a game-winning 37-yard field goal in overtime to give the Wolverines a 23-20 victory against Virginia Tech in the Sugar Bowl.
The victory clinched 11 wins for first-year coach Brady Hoke and the second BCS bowl victory in program history.
Welcome back to relevancy, Wolverines.
• Kyle Meinke column: Michigan football team validates triumphant season with triumphant finale.
• Associated Press: Virginia Tech squandered opportunities in Sugar Bowl loss to Michigan
• Photo gallery: The favorite images of staff photographer Melanie Maxwell
• Grade the Wolverines: Your chance to rate Michigan's performance on offense, defense, special teams, coaching and overall.
• We strung together live updates throughout the game. Check them out here.
• Our final live chat of the season was a lively one. That transcript can be found here.
• Honored at the Sugar Bowl for his recent induction into the College Football Hall of Fame, former Wolverine coach Lloyd Carr offered his thoughts on multiple topics. He also compared Denard Robinson to Anthony Carter.
• AnnArbor.com photographer Melanie Maxwell captures the mood, sound and look of New Orleans prior to Tuesday's Sugar Bowl game.
• Readers share some of their favorite Michigan football photos before the Sugar Bowl.