Today's college sports links: Big Ten's Jim Delany is highest paid commissioner in the land and other links
Big Ten Conference commissioner Jim Delany's total compensation of $1.6 million in 2009 was the highest in the nation among his peers, the Associated Press reported Monday.
The Associated Press reviewed 2009 tax documents and Delany was on top, followed by Atlantic Coast Conference commissioner John Swofford at $1.1 million. The figures include salary, benefits and deferred compensation. The Associated Press also noted that the median pay of university presidents was $760,774 in 2008.
- Charleston Gazette: West Virginia will pay Bill Stewart $1.65 million
- RGJ.com: Nevada football player Brandon Wimberly still in intensive care after shooting
- New York Daily News: Joe Paterno, Mike Krzyzewski share stage in taping of ESPN's "Difference Makers"
- CBSSports.com: Dennis Dodd wonders if Oregon's recruiting information miscue means the Ducks were ripped off or are they covering something up?
- OregonLive.com: Need to catch up on Oregon's recruiting problems? Here's a primer
- ClevelandLive.com: Browns research ex-Ohio State quarterback Terrelle Pryor
- International Business Times: Michigan State and North Carolina will play on deck of same warship used to cast Osama bin Laden's body to the sea