Electrical short suspected in Ypsilanti Township vehicle fire
Ypsilanti Township firefighters responded Sunday morning to a car fire that did extensive damage to a 20-year-old Cadillac parked in its owner’s driveway.
No injuries were reported in the incident, which occurred just before 11 a.m. on the 900 block of Desoto Avenue on the township’s east side.
The residents were getting ready to go to church and were warming up their 1992 Cadillac when the fire broke out, Ypsilanti Township Fire Lt. Dave Crescio said.
Firefighters arrived to find smoking billowing from the car and later discovered flames under the hood and in the passenger compartment, Crescio said. The fire was apparently caused by an electrical malfunction.
“It probably caused ($5,000) or $6,000 of damage to their car,” Crescio said.
The car’s engine compartment and dashboard suffered extensive damage.
The car was insured, Crescio said.
dading dont delete me bro
Tue, Jan 31, 2012 : 12:15 a.m.
must not be any stranded deer to rescue?
Mon, Jan 30, 2012 : 3:01 p.m.
Nothing else to report except more snow, so what they hay.
Mon, Jan 30, 2012 : 12:17 a.m.