You are viewing this article in the archives. For the latest breaking news and updates in Ann Arbor and the surrounding area, see
Posted on Mon, Sep 27, 2010 : 3:13 p.m.

'Saturday Night Live' skit takes off on parrot attack

By Staff

A local case in which a man is charged with animal torture over an accusation that he violently shook his pet parrot has apparently become fodder for "Saturday Night Live."

As part of the "Weekend Update" news spoof on Saturday's show, guest host Amy Poehler did a brief bit on an incident in Michigan in which a man "got into a fight with his pet parrot."

The parrot bit was part of the show's fifth segment, starting just after the 38:00 mark. This video clip jumps right to it:

Wed, Sep 29, 2010 : 9:49 a.m.

Well, this is one way for Ann Arbor to get in the news. Not a good way, but one way. At least the poor parrot wasn't seriously hurt.

Tue, Sep 28, 2010 : 10:57 a.m.

When I first heard the story, I thought it was a case of life trying to imitate art (Monty Python Dead Parrot skit or better yet Family Guy's Peter and the Giant Chicken No excuse though for overtly beating up your parrot... or covert ongoing beatings of the biosphere.

Mon, Sep 27, 2010 : 9:50 p.m.

i hate that i missed this episode... that said...why was i not informed that my comment was removed, in the past i've always received an email

Mon, Sep 27, 2010 : 5:17 p.m.

Toooo funny. This is right in our neighborhood. Fortunately the attacker wasn't from the neighborhood.

Mon, Sep 27, 2010 : 5:08 p.m.

All this time I had it backward; I thought it was picking up on SNL.

Kim Kachadoorian

Mon, Sep 27, 2010 : 4:26 p.m.

Too funny!

Mon, Sep 27, 2010 : 4:17 p.m.

@obviouscomment sorry, but you comment will probably be removed for questioning the moderating guidelines. And I will be removed for not being on topic.. so let me make this on topic. That was a funny clip. I wonder how they SNL picked it up.

Mon, Sep 27, 2010 : 3:58 p.m.

I'm surprised more articles/comments are not picked up by Saturday Night Live.