13 primary routes that will be paved in $3.5M county road program this year
The program will invest about $3.55 million from money allocated to the Road Commission to pave 21 miles of roadways this year:
- Ann Arbor-Saline Road from Textile Road to 800 feet north of Woodland Drive
- Austin Road from Boettner Road to 1,290 feet east of Grass Road
- Dexter-Chelsea Road from 1,000 feet east of Steinbach Road to Parker Road
- Geddes Road from Prospect Road east to the Wayne County border
- Gotfredson Road from Plymouth Road to M-14
- Grove Road from Emerick Street to Harris Road
- Holmes Road from Prospect Road to Spencer Lane
- Packard Road from Golfside Road to 1,700 feet east of Hewitt Road at the Ypsilanti city limits
- Plymouth Road from Whitehall Drive to Dixboro Road
- Pontiac Trail from Dixboro to Seven Mile Road
- Stony Creek Road from Saline-Milan Road to Carpenter Road
- Tyler Road from Dorsett Avenue to Wiard Road
- Ellsworth Road from Carpenter Road to Golfside Road
Construction is projected to last from July to September. All the routes will remain open to traffic, though there will be temporary lane closures. Businesses and property owners will still have access during the project.
Additionally, a number of townships have finalized their agreements with the Washtenaw County Road Commission for local road maintenance this year.
Dexter Township: $21,836 agreement in which the Road Commission splits the cost with the township for applications of brine for dust control to all gravel roads in the township
Freedom Township: $27,120 worth of brine application for dust control to all gravel roads; $54,736 in ditch work and culvert replacement and $16,000 in gravel application. Road Commission will split the cost of all projects with the township.
Lyndon Township: $27,807 agreement in which the Road Commission will pay $11,955 for applications of brine for dust control to all gravel roads in the township
Saline Township: $25,012 agreement in which the Road Commission will pay $9,745 for applications of brine for dust control to all gravel roads in the township