CNN's Money.com names Ann Arbor among "America's 100 Best Small Cities"
Add another “Best Of” list to Ann Arbor’s credit.
A Money magazine online list ranks Ann Arbor among “America’s 100 Best Small Cities.” The national publication ranked Ann Arbor No. 46 in the Top 100, and it was the only Michigan city to make the list.
“Football season may be this city's most popular pastime, but residents of Ann Arbor would insist that the city is always a great place to be.
“This friendly college town has all the perks of a much bigger city. The downtown area is a mecca of arts and culture, with museums, theatres, and galleries. Golf courses and biking and hiking trails are never far away.”
CNN's Money.com looked at more than 700 U.S. cities with a population of 50,000 to 300,000 and selected its list based on economy, affordable housing, education, arts/leisure and health.
Ann Arbor has made several “Best Of” lists within the year:
- Parenting magazine named Ann Arbor in its list of 10 Best Cities for Families.
- The Daily Beast web site added Ann Arbor to its list of Best Cities for College Graduates.
- Forbes magazine selected Ann Arbor as the best sports college town for the second year in a row and among its most livable cities.
- The American Planning Association recognized Main Street as one of the best streets in the nation.
- A report from Transportation for America and the Surface Transportation Policy Partnership ranked the Ann Arbor metro area as the state’s most pedestrian friendly.