You are viewing this article in the archives. For the latest breaking news and updates in Ann Arbor and the surrounding area, see
Posted on Sat, Jan 26, 2013 : 1:20 p.m.

Man accused of assaulting girlfriend returns to court next month

By Kyle Feldscher

The man accused of beating his girlfriend, running her over with her own car and trying to trap her in the trunk will return to court next month.

Thumbnail image for michaelglenn2.jpg

Michael Glenn

Michael Glenn will face a preliminary exam at 8:30 a.m. Feb. 12 after a quick hearing in the 14A-1 District Court Tuesday morning. Glenn is being held in the Washtenaw County Jail on a $250,000 bond and is facing seven felony charges.

Sheriff’s deputies allege Glenn began hitting his girlfriend while sitting with her in her car on Nov. 27 in front of his home in the 2300 block of McKinley Road in Ypsilanti Township. The woman was attempting to break up with Glenn.

Glenn allegedly punched the woman several times before stabbing her in the face with an unknown object. According to deputies, Glenn strangled the woman to the point where she blacked out several times.

He allegedly dragged the woman from the car and backed the vehicle over her several times before picking her up, attempting to put her in the trunk. The woman convinced Glenn she wouldn’t break up with him and then fled the area on foot when Glenn went inside the home, deputies said.

Glenn stole her car and fled the area before deputies could arrive, according to investigators. He was on the lam until Jan. 12, when sheriff’s office detectives and U.S. Marshals arrested him in Detroit.

He’s charged with two counts each of assault with intent to murder, assault with intent to do great bodily harm and assault with a dangerous weapon. He also faces one count each of carjacking, motor vehicle theft, unlawful imprisonment and domestic violence.

Kyle Feldscher covers cops and courts for He can be reached at or you can follow him on Twitter.

Mon, Jan 28, 2013 : 5:52 p.m.

I take my hat off to the victim. She is a strong woman. A survivor of what could have been fatal. She not only fought for her life, but as a woman she did not allow a man to control her. Respect to the victim. I hope they slam the door on this animal for good.

Mon, Jan 28, 2013 : 4:10 p.m.

Dime will get ya a dollar that this is pleaded down to joy-riding....

Sun, Jan 27, 2013 : 9:44 p.m.

So yes I guess I am a dumb ass and a moron if I have to explain it to the both of you.

Tue, Jan 29, 2013 : 4:21 a.m.

stevek, while I still apologize for insulting with you, I still do not agree with you. You don't have to explain anythimg about domestic violence to me. When your life is threatened by a controlling psychopath, it has very little to do with how well you handle your emotions or logical choices. It only has to do with SURVIVAL

Mon, Jan 28, 2013 : 4:14 p.m.

@stevek...I got it...but shocked that the moderators allowed the ann23 comment to stay...but they are such an "unbiased"

Sun, Jan 27, 2013 : 3:40 a.m.

Wow, sounds like he needs some anger management classes.

Sun, Jan 27, 2013 : 4:25 a.m.

Way more than anger management. Alternatives to Domestic Aggression (ADA) and psychological help. Also, incarceration to keep him away from the general public.

Sun, Jan 27, 2013 : 12:54 a.m.

I feel so bad for the girlfriend and at the same time respect her unbelievable will to live. I wish her the best that life has to offer.

Sat, Jan 26, 2013 : 11:18 p.m.

Usually when someone breaks up with you, and that person beats you up and stab you in the face and run you over with a car, the obvious choice to to get back together with them.

Tue, Jan 29, 2013 : 2:07 a.m.

stevek, I am very sorry for my insults. They were not an appropriate response. Your comment upset me because to me it seemed to say that she did something wrong in agreeing to get back together with him in order to keep from being harmed further. I very much overreacted.

Sun, Jan 27, 2013 : 9:43 p.m.

Ann23 and Gorc. Obviously you didn't read my comment very well so will break it down for you. I am not blaming the victim at all. 1) She broke up with him. 2) He didn't want her to break up with him. 3) He can't handle his emotions very well. 4) Obviously, running over her in a car, stabbing her in the face, and beating her up doesn't seem like a very logical choice of winning her over and getting back together with her.

Sun, Jan 27, 2013 : 2:15 p.m.

Stevek..after he beat her up, after he stab her in the face, after he dragged her from the car, after he backed the car over, and when he attempted to put (what he probably thought was a dead body) in the trunk of the SAVE HER LIFE, she had to say or do anything to live. Your comment, even if you are being sarcastic, is inappropriate. If by chance, the victim reads your comment, how do think your thoughts would make her feel.

Sun, Jan 27, 2013 : 2:56 a.m.

Also one of the main reasons of what is wrong with our culture.

Sun, Jan 27, 2013 : 2:19 a.m.

Sadly, this will be are such a dumb ass, the definition of an insensitive moron. Go lick yourself. Sorry, I just had to.

An Arborigine

Sat, Jan 26, 2013 : 11:01 p.m.

I'm totally sure there is a reasonable explanation for this behavior...NOT!