today's college sports links: Pat Forde gives thoughts on Denard Robinson's early success; Reggie Bush coughs up Heisman Trophy and more
ESPN.com's Pat Forde gave his rundown on all things college football.
In his column, The Dish, Forde writes, "Without a doubt, Michigan sophomore quarterback Denard "Shoelace" Robinson and South Carolina freshman running back Marcus Lattimore deserve all the praise received for their heroic performances in big victories Saturday."
He later adds, "But keep this in mind about Robinson: At this time last year, we all were frothing about another Michigan quarterback who sliced up Notre Dame, Tate Forcier. He threw for 240 yards, ran for 70 and accounted for three touchdowns, and everyone said coach Rich Rodriguez had found his ideal spread quarterback. Except then the Wolverines finished 5-7 and Forcier is now a third-stringer. Robinson looks like the real deal, but let's hold off on constructing a statue outside the Big House for now."
- AnnArbor.com: Pete Bigelow breaks down all the news regarding Michigan, Big Ten
- Detroit Free Press: Rich Rodriguez not rushing to judgement on Michigan's RBs
- Detroit Free Press: Orlando RB recruit Demetrius Hart still has Michigan as No. 1
- ESPN.com: Big Ten has strong presence in early Heisman race
- Yahoo! Sports: Big Ten makes big statement in position power rankings
- MLive.com: Notre Dame's loss to Wolverines puts more pressure on Spartans
- MLive.com: Notre Dame's Brian Kelly says QB Dayne Crist is in top shape for MSU
- Grand Rapids Press: Environment makes MSU-ND rivalry special, says Spartans' coach
- SI.com: Reggie Bush has cemented legacy by forfeiting Heisman Trophy
- USA Today: Marcus Lattimore making immediate impact at South Carolina
- AnnArbor.com: Glenn Robinson III becomes fourth son of NBA player to commit to Michigan