today's college sports links: Michigan, MSU football basking in mediocrity?; Boise State players banned from Twitter and more
Detroit Free Press columnist Drew Sharp poses the question: (Between Michigan and Michigan State football) who's 'little brother' right now?
Sharp further explains, "Michigan and Michigan State approach the beginning of fall practice this week with similar self-imposed constraints, both pathetically comfortable in the delusion that the Big Ten mediocrity is somehow worthy of acclamation."
Keeping the family hierarchy analogy, Sharp later states, "Ohio State is Big Daddy", noting Jim Tressel is a combined 14-1 against the Wolverines and Spartans.
- AnnArbor.com: David Jesse reports that Michigan compliance staff pushed football program -- but not coach Rich Rodriguez -- for practice-hours forms
- Detroit Free Press: NCAA infraction distraction shunned at camp
- Detroit Free Press: Ex-Wolverine Bryan Wright continues kicking as grad student at Bowling Green
- Mobile Press Register: Michigan-Alabama game in 2012 is far from finalized
- Detroit Free Press: Talent up, hype down for the 2010 MSU Spartans
- SI.com: Boise State coach bans Twitter posting by players