Michigan football coach Brady Hoke confirms Kellen Jones' departure; J.T. Floyd, Troy Woolfolk ready to practice
CHICAGO — The Michigan athletic department announced earlier this week incoming four-star linebacker Kellen Jones is no longer enrolled at the school.
Michigan football coach Brady Hoke had little to add Thursday at the Big Ten media days in Chicago.
When asked about Jones, Hoke brusquely said, “He’s just not enrolled at the school.”
Jones, a 6-foot-1, 210-pound native of Houston, verbally committed to Michigan in Jaunary an hour after defensive coordinator Greg Mattison was hired by the Wolverines.
Text messages seeking comment from Jones and his father were not returned.
Hoke said earlier this year he did not expect to have any academic hang-ups with the 2011 class.
The first-year coach said Thursday he does not anticipate any further issues with the class.
Floyd, Woolfolk ready to practice
Cornerbacks J.T. Floyd and Troy Woolfolk will be healthy enough to join their teammates when Michigan begins fall camp Aug. 8.
Woolfolk, a senior, missed all of last season — and there was some talk me might never again play for Michigan — after breaking his fibula and dislocating his right ankle during a preseason practice.
Floyd, a junior, had his season cut short last year with an ankle injury he sustained in early November.
Still room for more recruits
Hoke confirmed he is looking to add five or six more recruits to fill out Michigan’s 2012 class.
The Wolverines currently have 20 commitments for that class, plus one greyshirt pledge from cornerback Jeremy Clark.