Police investigate string of bank robberies in Washtenaw, Jackson counties
Meanwhile, Flagstar Bank is offering a $2,500 reward to anyone who provides information leading to the arrest and conviction of the suspects in Saturday’s robbery.
Photo courtesy Ann Arbor police
They fled with an undisclosed amount of money in a vehicle. Information about the vehicle and descriptions of the men were not available. No customers were in the bank at the time of the robbery, he said.
The string of at least seven other robberies police believe are connected includes several in which masked men jumped the counter to steal money. In one robbery, at the TCF Bank at Hewitt and Packard roads in Ypsilanti Township last year, a security camera captured a clear picture of a man in a white mask, similar to a Jason “Friday the 13th” mask, jumping the counter.
The robberies include the May 25 robbery of a TCF Bank in Saline that put schools on lockdown while police searched for the suspects.
The robberies police believe are related occurred at:
- TCF Bank Saline, May 25.
- Citizens Bank in Jackson March 29
- Comerica Bank at 3305 block of Washtenaw Avenue, Ann Arbor, Dec. 24.
- The America 1 Credit Union in Jackson, Dec. 21.
- Bank of America at 2250 W. Michigan Ave. in Ypsilanti Township, Aug. 15..
- TCF bank at Hewitt Road and Packard in Ypsilanti Township on March 5, 2011.
- PNC Bank at 3175 West Clark Road in Ypsilanti Township
Anyone with information on the Ann Arbor robbery can call Det. Bill Stanford at (734) 794-6930, ext. 49318, or the AAPD confidential tip line at (734) 794-6939.
Ann Arbor police provided the surveillance camera images in the slideshow below: