Illinois 38, Michigan 13: Your complete guide to our coverage
Melanie Maxwell | AnnArbor.com
Michigan entered Saturday's game with a golden chance to stop its Big Ten skid against the conference's lowly basement dweller.
Instead, the Wolverines turned in a performance that conjured echoes of some of their worst losses in recent history. Not only did they get demolished, 38-13, by Illinois, they appeared lifeless when they needed heart the most.
The Wolverines were outscored 31-0 in the second half, and watched one of their last realistic chances at becoming bowl eligible go by the wayside.
Our coverage of today's game starts below with Dave Birkett's game story:
- Dave Birkett: All around, Michigan football stumbles against Illinois.
- Michael Rothstein: 2nd-year turnaround? How about a U-Turn.
- Notebook: Brandon Minor and Obi Ezeh quiet on their playing time (or lack of).
- One play changed the trajectory of the entire Wolverines-Illini game.
- Grades: It's tough to perform much lower than this.
- Ex-Michigan great Forest Evashevski dies at age 91.
- Here's how they scored in the Michigan-Illinois game.
- Next up for safety Jordan Kovacs? A scholarship.
- Stevie Brown: "It's disappointing. All I can say is it's disappointing."
- Rich Rodriguez: "A multitude of errors."
STATISTICS AND STUFF
- Official Michigan-Illinois box score.
- Cumulative Michigan season statistics.
- Week-by-week Michigan box scores.
- Cumulative Illinois season statistics.
- Big Ten statistics.
- Big Ten standings and schedule.
AROUND THE BIG TEN
- Michigan State, Minnesota seek separation in crowded Big Ten.
- Greg Jones calls decision to play for Spartans 'a blessing.'
- Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel: Are you sure Purdue beat Ohio State?
- ESPN's Adam Rittenberg didn't see the Badgers bludgeoning Purdue.
- It took a while to warm up, but Iowa stays perfect with big win over Indiana.
- A few tricks and all treats for Ohio State in romp over New Mexico.
- Capsule recaps of every Big Ten game, courtesy of the conference.
Use the hashtag #Wolverines to get your comments to scroll through below.