Michigan 12, Michigan State 10: Michigan 12, Michigan State 10: A comprehensive guide to our coverage
Melanie Maxwell | AnnArbor.com
Brendan Gibbons kicked a 38 yard field goal with five seconds remaining to give Michigan a 12-10 win over Michigan State on Saturday. It was fitting that Gibbons would score the final points for the team as he and Matt Wile provided all the scoring for the Wolverines in the win.
Gibbons' kick was the fourth lead change in the second half alone in what will go down as a classic in the rivalry's history.
So after a four year sabbatical in East Lansing, the Paul Bunyan Trophy returned to Ann Arbor on Saturday, much to the delight of the Michigan players and fans that joined them on the field after the victory.
Check out our coverage from before, during and after the game:
- Game Story: Brendan Gibbons plays hero again, boots game-winning field goal to end Michigan's misery against Michigan State
- Column: Unsung heros pave way for Michigan into thick of title hunt
- After long wait, and some confusion, Michigan finally gets its hands on the Paul Bunyan Trophy
- Numbers: Michigan wins No. 900, ends longest Paul Bunyan Trophy drought
- Photo Gallery: Images from Michigan's 12-10 win over Michigan State
- With polls: Your chance to rate Michigan's performance against the Spartans
- Grades: Brendan Gibbons, defense help Michigan surge past Michigan State late
- Police report: Emergency calls up, but major problems few for Michigan vs. Michigan State
Daniel Brenner | AnnArbor.com
Check out the action as it happened, and find out what the reaction was in real time, from Nick Baumgardner's live blog.
- Who's got the edge? Position-by-position breakdown of Michigan-Michigan State
- BEYOND FOOTBALL: HVA treats everything from heart attacks to hangovers at mini-hospital inside Michigan Stadium
- Michigan secures 2014 commitment from 6-foot-9 OL Denzel Ward shortly before MSU game
- With Gallery: Titans of tailgate revel in U-M - MSU game day excitement
- Pre-game mega guide
Though 83 percent of 971 poll participants expected Michigan to pull out the win, most thought it would be by a much more comfortable margin. Before the game, 37 percent of readers thought Michigan would win by 4-10 points, 35 percent thought Michigan would win by 11 points or more and only 11 percent thought Michigan would win by 1-3 points.
- Eastern Michigan gets off the schnide with a 48-38 win over Army
- Big Ten Scoreboard
- Top 25 scoreboard